Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backup Performance Issues

2002-07-11 22:38:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backup Performance Issues
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:38:28 -0500
oops... Larry pointed out my math mistake.  moved the old decimal a few too
many times :-)

but still... 2048 buffers at 262144 each is over 500 MB per stream per drive
(not 500 GB).

I don't know the environment, but assuming the media server is pushing 4 tape
drives with mpx of 4 each, you could still need as much as 8 GB of shared
memory in the media server!

- Scott

                    Larry Kingery

                    <larry.kingery@ve        To:     scott.kendall AT abbott
DOT com
                    ritas.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu]
SUMMARY: Backup Performance Issues
                    07/11/2002 12:54

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    larry.kingery

262144 is 256KB, not 256MB
--
Larry Kingery
                ... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)