Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog bloat...

2002-07-03 09:53:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog bloat...
From: CJManders AT LBL DOT GOV (Christopher Manders)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:53:41 -0700
Hi,

So, it turns out that the tir stuff caused us to fill close to 100GB with
just a few large clients. We have had this disabled for at least 2 months
now but the effects seem long lasting. So, the first question is, when does
the tir stuff go away naturally? If it doesn't, when and how can I force it?
Also, we enabled compression awhile back and I note that nothing is being
compressed. We have a long retention for fulls, so I am worried about those
after about 3-4 months just sitting around. Best to compress. I set my
compression to 90 days, but it appears to not be taking. Is there a way to
force compression of a client's catalog after 1) they depart from our
service or 2) become older than 3 months...?

Thanks!

Chris