Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] differential backups with netbackup on system with veritas storage migrator

2002-07-01 11:43:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] differential backups with netbackup on system with veritas storage migrator
From: kmcdonal AT ds13.argv DOT net (kmcdonal AT ds13.argv DOT net)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:43:26 -0500
I have a couple of questions about how netbackup handles filesystems
with storage migrator:

1.  Does netbackup use ctime or mtime in the inode to determine if the file
     needs to be backed up in a differential incremental?

2.  If I have a file that has been migrated to tape, is purged from disk, and
     is cached back to disk such that it shows as being 'cached' by the migloc
     command in VSM, is that file skipped during backups with NBU?  Or does it
     have to go back through the 'premigration' again and get marked as migrated
     to be skipped by NBU?  It should skip it since the file has valid VSM tape
     copies of the data, but I'm not sure it does skip it.

Thanks,