Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can two masters share a Library?

2002-06-28 14:25:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can two masters share a Library?
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:25:14 -0500
Yes, you can have the Win2K be a master and make the HPUX box a media
server on the L700, one of them would be the robot control host. I don't
think it would be possible to have two masters using it as the media
would get really screwed up.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "Hillebrand, Bradly W." <bhillebrand AT fhlbi DOT com> 06/28/02 12:30PM

I have an existing Win2k master media server that is connected to a
STK
L700 via a SAN.  I also have a HPUX 11 client that we want to make a
second master media server.  Can this second master share the same
L700?
The reason we want to make it a media server is it has too much data
now
to backup over the network.  The reason we want to make it a master is
for disaster recovery.  The two masters would be recovered in
different
locations in the event of a disaster.  A second library was our first
choice, but we don't have money for it this year.

Thanks,

Brad Hillebrand

FHLBI