Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to emulate the dempx function of bpduplicate (without NBU)

2002-06-28 06:36:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to emulate the dempx function of bpduplicate (without NBU)
From: mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com (mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:36:24 +0200
Hi

Have somebody demultiplexed a backup without using bpduplicate. I was
thinking dd, cpio etc.

I have managed to recreate the header, but I still get read error when
trying to import the newly created tape.

>From all log entries:

06/28/2002 12:16:39 nbucphma -  read error on media id GW0061, drive index
6
                    reading header block, Error 0
06/28/2002 12:16:39 nbucphma bpimport  Status = media read error.

Any ideas will greatly appreciated

Kind regards
Michael