Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "tar file write error" while doing backups of W2K servers

2002-06-26 04:37:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "tar file write error" while doing backups of W2K servers
From: mpareja AT iddeo DOT es (Mario Pareja)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:37:02 +0200
Hello all the newsgroup:

In our enterprise, we have a W2K server running Veritas NetBackup Datacenter
3.41 that's doing backups of some W2K servers (backup clients).

As far as I can remember, I think we have installed the latest patches both
in the NetBackup server and the clients (last appeared in the second half of
June)

Well, the problem is the clients are not doing the backuop correctly, and
they exit with the error appearing below:

06/24/2002 00:07:39 ntbackup xxx from client yyy: FTL - tar file write error
(10054)

Someone can help us in finding what the "tar file write error" might mean?

Many thanks in advance!

PS: If that could be of interest for you, I point we have a StorageTek L700
robotic library as backup device.

Mario Pareja Nieto
Iddeo! - Retevisión I, S. A.
Área Explotación de Sistemas