Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance Question...

2002-06-25 16:56:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance Question...
From: MarelP AT AUSTRALIA.Stortek DOT com (Marelas, Peter)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:56:54 +1000
Have a look at these..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q174619

The MFT zone may be relevant particularly if there is very little
free space left on the NTFS. However it does say you need to
recreate the FS if you want to take advantage of larger settings
(which may take some time to recreate at 1GB an hour :/)

Disable access time updates.

http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip343.htm

Disable I/O logging

http://www.deviantpc.com/articles/stg/p9.shtml