Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance Question...

2002-06-25 12:14:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance Question...
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:14:51 -0400
Okay, I have a client who is having some serious performance issues with their
NT / 2000 backup jobs.

One client in particular is a 2000 machine with 300GB RAID 5, they have a LARGE
NUMBER of SMALL FILES.

We went through all of the normal test, network, ftp, bpbkar to dev/null, etc.,
etc. (believe me we did our due diligence)  We did identify that defrag'ing one
of the drives helped in the backup performance (~1GB/hour), but not nearly as
good as it should be performing (20 - 30 GB/hour to 9840A's and B's)

Any creative ideas out there for making this run FASTER?

Or are we just SOL because of the NUM FILES and their TINY size?

Thanks

David Chapa