Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences

2002-06-25 07:42:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:42:04 -0400
I had very few problems with the upgrade. There are some problems with
the new version of Vault, but I have an incident open with Veritas to
resolve these and they seem to be making progress.
The main problem I have now is with some of the NT/2000 clients that I
have upgraded. I haven't gotten an answer yet, but I have more clients
now ending with otm status 11 or network time-outs than I have had in
the last two years running 3.4. My advice on that side would be to
upgrade the server any time, but take your time with the clients.

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> <Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com> 6/25/02 3:10:26 AM >>>
Hi!

Its not really a problem to upgrade to 4.5.
The only thing to mention is the new binary format of the database.

We executed "cat_convert" to convert the ascci-DB to binary format and
it
run for 72hours.
Also the size of our DB was blown up from 30 to 50GB.

Thats because the binary format cannot use compression.
(binary is smaller than uncompressed ascii, but if the compressed ascii
is
much smaller!)

regards,
Klaus Micheler