Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Injecting tapes into L700

2002-06-24 13:35:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Injecting tapes into L700
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:35:45 -0700
If you're using the java gui, select inventory robot from the media manager,
select perform volume update, and check
empty inport.

There is a script that comes with the vault option called bpinject, but it
is buggy and does not work correctly (on two
different robots I've tried it on).

There's also an -empty_ie option you can give vmupdate, but it likewise is
buggy and does not work correctly.

If you want to write your own command-line script, I recommend using tldtest
to move tapes from the inport to slots
(making sure you account for slots reserved for tapes in drives), and then
use vmupdate -use_barcode_rules to update
the robot.  Alternatively, you can use vmadd, but the vmupdate method is
easier.