Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] REASKING: Two questions from the Macintosh User's Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Labs

2002-06-24 12:19:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] REASKING: Two questions from the Macintosh User's Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Labs
From: CJManders AT LBL DOT GOV (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:19:52 -0700
Hi,

 So, we have alot of Mac users. Anyway, many are asking questions. Here are
 the biggest two:

 1) How come at least no TCL/tk GUI for MacOS X?

It would appear that this is not likely, based on information researched.
True? No real X/Mac app is in the sights presently.

 2) Does the backup preserve the resource fork in both Classic MacOS and
MacOS
 X?

This is a major concern to some folks. I assume that Mac permissions are
handled correctly, but I would like to hear more specifis, if anyone know
about this.

Thanks again!

Chris