Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4_3 vs. Sun PC NetLink 2.0

2002-06-20 14:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4_3 vs. Sun PC NetLink 2.0
From: chris.wichura AT tradingtechnologies DOT com (Chris Wichura (TT))
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:50:31 -0500
Greetings,

We recently upgraded to Sun's PC NetLink 2.0.  Our backups are done with
NetBackup 3.4 with _3 patches installed.  I now get warning messages that
three .so libraries could not be found when backing up from the machine with
PC NetLink installed, and all jobs fail with a status of 1.  Veritas claims
there are no known issues with using NetLink 2.0.  The .so libraries no
longer exist in the /opt/lanman/lib directory; they are now .so.1.  If I
symlink these three .so files to their .so.1 equivalent, the backups fail to
run at all -- I immediately get a status 49 ("client failed to start") when
I try running a backup.  I presume it's dumping core, but I can't find where
it's put the core file at.

Has anyone else tried using NetBackup with PC NetLink 2.0?  If so, what did
you have to do to get it to work?

FWIW, our NetBackup server is also running on Solaris.

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher A. Wichura, Network Engineer
Trading Technologies International, Inc.
E-mail:  chris.wichura AT tradingtechnologies DOT com
Main:    +1 (312)/476-1000, Fax: +1 (312)/476-1001
Direct:  +1 (312)/476-1096