Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 to 3.4 upgrade and media server change

2002-06-20 12:31:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 to 3.4 upgrade and media server change
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:31:46 -0600
--=_alternative 005ADFA387256BDE_=

Hi, all

Finally, I am upgrading from NBU 3.2 to 3.4. I was all set to go and then
a cow orker decided that the media server host could no longer be used. I
have to use a different host now and that creates a problem.

I know that I need to use the cli

         bpmedia -ev MEDIAID -movedb -newserver NEWHOST -oldserver OLDHOST

for each MEDIAID controlled by the OLDHOST. But because of the new license
key structure I only have enough keys to have a master server and 1 media
server meaning that I won't have both OLDHOST & NEWHOST after I upgrade.
Will the bpmedia command work to move the media information without the
OLDHOST present (or perhaps with the older NBU 3.2 still installed).  Or
will it be necessary to install NBU 3.2 on the NEWHOST then migrate the
media DB from OLDHOST to NEWHOST before upgrading?

TIA,
Jim
--=_alternative 005ADFA387256BDE_=

I was all set to go and then a cow orker decided that the media server host
could no longer be used. I have to use a different host now and that creates a
problem.</font>
-ev MEDIAID -movedb -newserver NEWHOST -oldserver OLDHOST</font>
But because of the new license key structure I only have enough keys to have a
master server and 1 media server meaning that I won't have both OLDHOST &amp;
NEWHOST after I upgrade.</font>
media information without the OLDHOST present (or perhaps with the older NBU
3.2 still installed). &nbsp;Or will it be necessary to install NBU 3.2 on the
NEWHOST then migrate the media DB from OLDHOST to NEWHOST before
upgrading?</font>
--=_alternative 005ADFA387256BDE_=--