Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Exchange 2000

2002-06-17 09:49:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Exchange 2000
From: tlongo AT avaya DOT com (Tim Longo)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:49:51 -0400
Greetings,

I have been running Netbackup Data Center 3.4.1 with Unix and NDMP clients
for some time.  I am now preparing to add an Exchange 2000 server as a
client.  I have read the setup instructions, but I have a question about
patches.

I have patched my Unix Master/Media server with the latest patches.  After I
install the Netbackup client software, and the Exchange agent, can I use
"update_clients" on my Master server to push patches to the Windows machine,
or do I need to apply the Windows patches on the local machine?

Many thanks.