Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restores from Media assigned to Disabled Storage Unit

2002-06-13 08:37:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restores from Media assigned to Disabled Storage Unit
From: eugene.m.arnold-jr AT boeing DOT com (Arnold-Jr, Eugene M)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:37:59 -0500
Does anyone have any advice on how to address the following scenario??

- We have a master server with a STK storage unit that has become disabled
due to some type of SCSI problems.
- We have a media server with an identical storage unix that is now doing
performing all the backups.
- The backup administrator just went on a 2-3 week LOA.
- Not sure how I would handle any restores from backups that were done on
the master server.

Not sure if it matters, but both storages unit use DLT IV (DLT 700?) tapes.

Is it possible to move a tape and its images from the master server to the
other media server??  Is there better way to do so??

TIA
Eugene