Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Controlling which media server a client uses

2002-06-13 12:09:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Controlling which media server a client uses
From: ladydi AT virginia DOT edu (Diane M. Meeker)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:09:59 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Hello,

I got some help awhile back with setting up a client server
to use only a specific media server.  Because of firewall
issues we had to do this.  Our bp.conf file was changed to
have only the servers we wanted and also the NetBackup class
storage unit was setup to use a specific media server.

I need help on the flip side now, please!  We are running a
restore (xbp) from the client and it uses a media server not
in the valid list.  Can someone help?  Is there a way to control
which media server a restore will use?

Thank you,
--
Diane Meeker           ladydi AT virginia DOT edu
University of Virginia        434-924-4182