Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] UNIX Restore Question

2002-06-13 00:35:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] UNIX Restore Question
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:35:22 -0500
At 6:46 PM +0100 6/11/02, Weber, Philip wrote:
>Am I going mad?
>
>If I use bp to carry out a restore, it asks me whether I want to cross mount
>points when restoring directories.
>
>If I use the bprestore command, I cannot see how to specify this option.  Is
>there a way of telling it NOT to cross mount points?

Unlike many of the other restore UI checkboxes (overwriting, link
renaming, etc), the "cross mount points" isn't as simple as a flag
being passed to bprestore.  It's some smarts that the GUI (even bp)
uses as it prepares and launches the restore.

In other words, what you want can't be done in the current version of
the product.  If you're restoring a mount point but want to avoid
restoring any submounts, you MUST use bp/xbp/jbpSA to do so.

HTH
rob