Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Procedure for robot maintenance?

2002-06-12 15:26:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Procedure for robot maintenance?
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:26:33 -0700 (PDT)
I have a NB master server attached to several robots.  I'd like to
leave the NB server running, but temporarily tell it that one of the
robots is unavailable.

I suppose I could simply "down" all the drives in the target robot,
but I was wondering if there were something a little different that
that.  A way to say that robot "n" is unavailable, and tapes in it
can't be loaded at this moment.

Or is it better to just open the door to the robot and let all the
requests for it queue up and possibly time out?

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company