Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple SSO servers on 1 master server

2002-06-12 12:17:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple SSO servers on 1 master server
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:17:14 -0700
We have an SSO setup with 4 media servers and 1 master/media server going
to a STK Powderhorn with 20 9840 drives.  We are going to be replacing that
Powderhorn with an L700 with LTO tapes and drives, also intended to be an
SSO setkup.

Now, when I defined 1 tape drive (shared) on my master server (only), we
could no longer seee the 9840 drives in vmdareq!  But as soon as the new
drive was removed, voila, the 9840 drives reappeard.

A Vertias consultant on site theorized that you could only have one SSO
robot on a master server.   So does anyone know if this is true or not?  If
it is true, then we're going to need a plan for doing a hard cutover
between the two robots, but if not, then we wonder why the drive wierdness.