Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 2.6 to 8.0 upgrade

2002-06-10 11:53:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 2.6 to 8.0 upgrade
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I upgraded an NBU client from Solaris 2.6 to 8.0. The backup worked fine
> without any problem. The veritas server still sees it as running 2.6 because
> it was added like that. is there a way to change this or do I just delete it
> from its class and add it again? will this create a problem?

It shouldn't create a problem if you do that.

But how did you do the upgrade?

I use the update_clients clients script in the netbackup bin directory.
It takes the hardware and OS as arguments, so when I did that, I
"updated" my clients from 2.6 to 8.  They show up that way in the
bpclclients output now.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company