Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackup

2002-06-07 18:16:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackup
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:16:38 -0700 (PDT)
Can sonone tell be the procedure for giving a non-root
user the ability to use bpbackup and bprestore.

The procedure for allowing Nonroot Users to Administer
Netbackup in the Netbackup Sysadmin guide, say to run
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nonroot_admin. And to re-run
it any time a patch is installed that replaces
bpbackup, bplist or bprestore (pg 255). However, it
does not seem like nonroot_admin touches these files.

After setting up a backup group and using
nonroot_admin to give it the ability to Administer
Netbackup, and including my non-root id in the backup
group, I am still not able to run bpbackup.