Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] good way to create classes, pools, and schedules

2002-06-06 22:32:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] good way to create classes, pools, and schedules
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:32:38 -0700
--=_alternative 000DFFC288256BD1_=

I will be using NetBackup to backup a variety of platforms (Windows 2000,
Novell NetWare, and Solaris).  I was thinking of creating a class for the
Oracle databases, one class for each server, etc.  How have some of you
folks determined how many classes you should have?

Also, I was thinking of creating pools for different OS, Oracle database,
offsite, scratch, etc.  How did you folks determined the pools?  Does it
make sense to put all backups of the OS, database, applications all into
the offiste pool so the operator can easily identify where they are and
have them archived?

I have a schedule planned out of the standard operating procedure.  Does
it make sense to have separate incremental backups from full backups into
their own separate pool?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Rene Casalme

--=_alternative 000DFFC288256BD1_=

variety of platforms (Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, and Solaris). &nbsp;I was
thinking of creating a class for the Oracle databases, one class for each
server, etc. &nbsp;How have some of you folks determined how many classes you
should have?</font>
different OS, Oracle database, offsite, scratch, etc. &nbsp;How did you folks
determined the pools? &nbsp;Does it make sense to put all backups of the OS,
database, applications all into the offiste pool so the operator can easily
identify where they are and have them archived?</font>
standard operating procedure. &nbsp;Does it make sense to have separate
incremental backups from full backups into their own separate pool?</font>
--=_alternative 000DFFC288256BD1_=--