Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 upgrade problems

2002-06-06 18:05:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 upgrade problems
From: davidmdahl AT attbi DOT com (David Dahl)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:05:24 -0700
danix wrote:

We upgraded two servers, and things are generally OK.  One small issue.
Since the java client is gone, we installed the windows netbackup admin
console on a couple of machines.  They can talk to one of the servers
just fine, a test server as well, but not a second production backup server.

The error we get is:
"Neither the selected host "backup01" has netbackup operating nor the
current
user "danix" or host have Netbackup admin privs on the host"
Try 1-5... (paraphrased)
<<

I have dealt with this error lately. The key is to have the host name of the
workstation running the Remote Admin Console in the bp.conf file as a server
(SERVER = hostname). Of course, make sure that this host name is in your
/etc/hosts file, or otherwise resolve the host name so you can ping the
workstation running the Console. Also, unless you set up non-root access to
Netbackup administration for "danix", you must create a user named "root" on
your Console workstation and use that account from which to startup the
Remote Admin Console. I set up root on my Win2000 workstation with the same
password as on the server, but I am not sure that it is necessary. It would
be safest to create the root account with the same password as on the
server.

Best wishes,

David Dahl
Portland, Oregon