Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 upgrade problems

2002-06-06 15:24:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 upgrade problems
From: danix AT cloud9 DOT net (danix)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:24:26 -0400 (EDT)
We upgraded two servers, and things are generally OK.  One small issue.
Since the java client is gone, we installed the windows netbackup admin
console on a couple of machines.  They can talk to one of the servers
just fine, a test server as well, but not a second production backup server.

The error we get is:
"Neither the selected host "backup01" has netbackup operating nor the current
user "danix" or host have Netbackup admin privs on the host"
Try 1-5... (paraphrased)

bp.conf is correct on both servers, as is the /usr/openv/java/auth.conf.
My guess is that something is not running on the host that is having the
problem.  Has anyone come across this before?