Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to tell what just got backed up?

2002-06-05 18:30:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to tell what just got backed up?
From: richard.hall AT ingenta DOT com (Richard.Hall)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:30:40 +0100 (BST)
Apologies in advance if (when!) the info below is incomplete, but I'm
working from home with no manuals, and with a very incomplete knowledge of
the command line interface. A search of the archives revealed nothing (but
then it failed to show stuff which I 'know' is there, so maybe I'm doing
something wrong there as well)

Scenario: Solaris 2.6 and 8 clients, NBU 3.4 DC, patch level ?

Client configured with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, and whatever the options are to
get a separate job per filesystem. All works fine (normally ;-)

I now want to run a script when the backup for a particular filesystem
completes. I thought the answer would be bpend_notify (never had any
reason to use it before, so no real knowledge), but I cannot find
anything which tells me which filesystem has just been backed up, only
things like backup IDs, class names etc. Is it there somewhere, or am I on
a hiding to nothing?

MTIA,
 Richard