Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup VMS clients through firewall

2002-06-04 12:38:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup VMS clients through firewall
From: Ueli.Schweizer AT us-consult DOT ch (Ueli Schweizer)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:38:41 +0200
Hi

We try to backup a VMS client through a firewall. On the VMS we have
following entries in bp.conf (client, master server and media server):

ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
CLIENT_PORT_RANGE = 4900 5000
RANDOM_PORTS = NO

On the master we executed

bpclient -client ...... -add -connect_nr_ports 1

Looking at the firewall log we found that the clients source port is always
below 1024.

So my question: are the parameters ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS and
CLIENT_PORT_RANGE not supported on VMS? Are there any ideas, how a backup of
a VMS client through a firewall could be done?

Ueli Schweizer
eidg. Wirtschaftsinformatiker FA

US-Consult GmbH · Bösch 43 · CH-6331 Hünenberg
Phone +41 41 781 5676 · Fax +41 41 781 5677
mailto:ueli.schweizer AT us-consult DOT ch · http://www.us-consult.ch

Besuchen Sie das Veritas NetBackup User Forum!
Anmeldung unter http://www.netbackup.ch