Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] change permissions

2002-06-03 15:47:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] change permissions
From: Jerald_Iverson AT invesco DOT com (Iverson, Jerald S.)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:47:38 -0600
if it is a unix server (i don't have an nt server to check) you can get the
file permissions in the
netbackup/db/images/<client_name>/<unix_date>/<backup_image>.f  file.  it
appears the 11th field is a binary representation for the permissions.  you
can figure out the pattern and also setuid/directory/link numbers.  go
through the image file and set up a case statement and chmod the file based
on that number.  one of my .f files had the following numbers for the 11th
field and the matching permissions are:

16872 drwxr-x---
16877 drwxr-xr-x
16893 drwxrwxr-x