Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade NB 3.4.1 to 4.5 W2k

2002-06-03 16:37:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade NB 3.4.1 to 4.5 W2k
From: Rick.Morris AT IGT DOT com (Morris.Rick.C)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:37:52 -0700
FYI -

Environment
Compaq TL895 attached to Compaq MDR.
Compaq SAN attached to Compaq servers.
W2k Advanced w/SP2
SQL 2k, SP2
SAP - R/3 4.6C, 4.6D

I upgraded one master and three media servers from NB 3.4, patch NB341_3 to
NB 4.5 with almost no problems.  However, after upgrading the master server,
I was unable to connect to the media servers.  Got a message stating they
weren't at the correct release level.  Upgraded the media servers and
installed the 4.5 SQL Agent.

The install notes state that you should stop all NB services before
installing.  I stopped all the media servers when I installed the master.  I
have a feeling that is why is couldn't use the media servers at 3.4.1 since
the documentation states that a 3.4.1 media server will run with a 4.5
master.

Anyway, compared to the scratch installation of 3.4GA, this was a breeze.

Rick Morris
IGT - SAP Basis Administrator
775-448-7293