Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] downed drives redux and a linux support question

2002-05-29 21:59:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] downed drives redux and a linux support question
From: danix AT cloud9 DOT net (danix)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
Well, it looks like a lot of our problems were due to:
- bad tapes
- not the latest patch of NBU 3.4 (3.4.4 being the latest)
- out of date firmware on our library

We have addressed the first two items, and things are running much better.
I really appreciate everyone who offered suggestions, I learned a lot.

Now, a different question, if I may.
According to Veritas, NBU will run only on redhat linux up to version 7.1.
Has anyone tested the NBU client on redhat 7.3, and if it doesn't work,
does anyone know when Veritas will support it?

Thanks!