Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is it possible to have maser-server based exclude lists?

2002-05-28 17:07:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is it possible to have maser-server based exclude lists?
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:07:09 -0700
I have a client I'm backing up that I have no login access to, and I want
to backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES except some cache directories.  I know what I
DON'T want to back up; Everything I read about exclude lists indicates they
must be on the CLIENT box, but that doesn't work for me.

Is there a way to manage an exclude list for a client from my master
server? I have total control over the backup class definitions.