Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mobile or Laptop backup

2002-05-28 10:13:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mobile or Laptop backup
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:13:48 -0400 (EDT)
        Hello EveryOne...

        I have a few questions on how is NBU Pro and NBU Datacenter works
        together?
        NBU Pro backups all the laptop data to a disk server and then
        NBU Datacenter backups that "disk server".
        Now since they both have its own catalog, would the retore be
        "difficult"?

        I have to use NBP Pro init the restore, finds out what disk image
        he wants, then restore it using NBU DataCenter? Then I use NBU Pro
        to actually restore the files?

        Thank you very much for your help

                                Mike