Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] Finding volumes in attached libraries.

2002-05-23 03:48:14
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] Finding volumes in attached libraries.
From: boazb AT ti DOT com (Barda, Boaz)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:48:14 +0300
HI!

vmquery for one tape takes a lot of time.
Try this: vmquery into an output file.
Then work on it to awk/grep what ever u want.
I developed a fully monitoring web interface with this technique that
started with combining the two databases like that:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -l > /tmp/medialist
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -w -a | grep -v ID | grep -v media | grep : >
/tmp/mediaquery

After that you can easily have the mount time, media status, expiration
date, location (nonrobotic,robotic and where (robot,slotnumber)),size
allocated and more.

Let me know in case you are into the full script.

Boaz.