Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding volumes in attached libraries.

2002-05-22 18:32:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding volumes in attached libraries.
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
I'm writing a script to find "older" volumes that are part of an HSM
system so they may be moved out of the libraries for new tapes.

I can query HSM to give me the "last written" date on a tape.  I need
besides that a list of tapes in the robots, and possibly the "last
mount" time.

Because I have a lot of volumes, I don't think I want to feed them
one by one into 'vmquery'.  Is there a way to get a big list of all
the volumes, perhaps limited by robot (not a big deal if I can do
that in the script).

I suppose I could simply parse the 'available_media' report, but was
wondering if there were anything else that would get the information
a little bit quicker.

Thanks.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company