Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb confirmation

2002-05-22 12:58:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb confirmation
From: david AT dsihost-srv01 DOT com (david AT dsihost-srv01 DOT com)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:58:54 -0400
Patrick,

The primary difference is this.

When NBU runs it via its automatic schedule, it causes bprd to suspend its
ability to submit any jobs to the queue (actually it suspends its ability to
wake-up bpsched that looks for something to do).  So if no backup jobs are
running then your database will be in a quieted state suitable for a proper
backup.

When you run it manually, bprd is not suspended and jobs may potentially be
submitted during the backup putting it in a questionable state.  You will have
to manually suspend the request daemon.

David