Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR Scenario

2002-05-21 15:56:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR Scenario
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:56:12 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C20101.1CB1B66C

Currently, we just got our Veritas enterprise up and running (converted from
Legato). We set it up with split master and media servers. We are trying to set
up some DR scripts, and I was needing some advice on how DR's are done with
Veritas. If we have split servers, can we DR with a combined server, or does
the DR setup need to match due to things such as hostnames and the like?
Processing power and the like will not be an issue. The one box would have
plenty of both...

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C20101.1CB1B66C

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>DR Scenario</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Currently, we just got our Veritas enterprise up and =
running (converted from Legato). We set it up with split master and =
media servers. We are trying to set up some DR scripts, and I was =
needing some advice on how DR's are done with Veritas. If we have split =
servers, can we DR with a combined server, or does the DR setup need to =
match due to things such as hostnames and the like? Processing power =
and the like will not be an issue. The one box would have plenty of =
both...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>