Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What Un*x directories do people skip on clients?

2002-05-20 14:10:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What Un*x directories do people skip on clients?
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:10:45 -0400
Andrew Fabbro wrote:

> But how much space are you really saving? ... Personally,
> I want to back up /kernel, because of the .conf files in
> /kernel/drv

   Point well taken -- but I'm not in this to save space, I just want to be
able to Jumpstart a Sun after its drive(s) fail and then do a full restore
_without_ overwriting any files in a way that would kill the system.
   Obviously, I have done this. :7)
   Thans for the ideas: I'll be adding /var/tmp -- as well as Mark
Donaldson's suggestion of /home/*/.netscape/cache*, and maybe
/home/*/.dt/sessionlogs/* -- to my exclude_list today. (I wonder why I
didn't think of that before?)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt