Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade from NB 3.4 to 4.5?

2002-05-17 12:04:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade from NB 3.4 to 4.5?
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:04:50 -0700
Sorry, when I said "convert" I meant "re-enter in 4.5 by hand".  My main
point was that you can still transition the vaults to 4.5 one by one and
use the old vault param files in the interim, you don't have to re-setup
everything right away.

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Robinson, Gina"            |
|         |           <Gina.Robinson AT trw DOT com>     |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng|
|         |           .auburn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/17/02 08:34 AM           |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Geoffrey Hazel/Seattle/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, "Robinson, Gina"
<Gina.Robinson AT trw DOT com>        |
  |       cc:       jaearick AT colby DOT edu, jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com,
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu,              |
  |        veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                                   |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Veritas-bu] upgrade from NB 3.4 to 4.5?
                            |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

That may be true, but I think what they meant by "convert" is that you have
to create
the vault using the 4.5 GUI.  You can't simply upgrade the vault from 3.4
to 4.5.
I heard it straight from the horses mouth Veritas) that you can't convert
dup_param
files in 4.5 from 3.4 in an upgrade fashion.  I specifically asked can you
simply
upgrade from 3.4 to 4.5........the answer, "No, you have to create the
vaults from
scratch".  I'm planning ahead based on what I've heard.