Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Head scratcher

2002-05-16 12:48:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Head scratcher
From: PYLE AT wapa DOT gov (John Pyle)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:48:01 -0600
I set up a class for Windows 2000 clients, files is set to ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.
Some of these clients are getting their system state backed up (I see this in
the restore window) and others are not.  I don't need to backup these clients
system state.  One client in particular has been complaining about open files
during backups.   The files are not critical so I put them in the exclude list
but it seems to be ignoring the entries.  Other clients that have the system
state listed in the restore window are not having trouble with open files but I
can't figure out why system state is being included.  I don't remember ever
setting the system state directive for this class.  Is there something I can
look at to see why some are including the system state?