Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup cannot read media header

2002-05-16 01:08:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup cannot read media header
From: Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com (Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:08:39 +0200
Hey!

If you dont want to , or afraid . then dont do it :)

Besides... if you de-assign you can re-use it.

Shahar.

                      "WEAVER, Simon"

                      <Simon.WEAVER@astrium         To:      "'Shahar.Shaynis
AT ecitele DOT com'" <Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com>
                      -space.com>                   cc:      Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                                                    Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu]
Netbackup cannot read media header
                      15/05/2002 14:55

I thought the DB Tape was not a good idea to deassign as I thought it
contained netbackup critical information!
Or am I completely mistaken? If I do deassign it, can the tape be reused if
I expire it with bpexdate

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

About the Database backup tape . you can deassign it by :

Shahar.

                      "WEAVER, Simon"

                      <Simon.WEAVER@astrium         To:
"'Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com'" <Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com>

                      -space.com>                   cc:

                                                    Subject: RE:
[Veritas-bu] Netbackup cannot read media header
                      15/05/2002 07:38

Thank you,
What I done is from the Master Server ran the BPERROR -media and spooled
this out into an error log file(.txt format).

When I opened the file I done a search on the suspect media ID's. I have
cut/pasted the information herewith. If anyone can confirm what my next
step
should be, I would be grateful.

1021364464 1 130 8 mms12007 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm media id 0001L1 is not
NetBackup format, data is NetBackup database backup.
1021381465 1 130 4 mms12007 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm media id 0001L1 removed from
media manager database (expired)

1021381472 1 130 4 mms12007 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm media id 0004L1 removed from
media manager database (expired)

1021381476 1 130 4 mms12007 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm media id 0046L1 removed from
media manager database (expired)

1021366041 1 130 16 mms12007 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm block read is not a
NetBackup
media header, len = 32768, media id 0051L1, drive index 3, data is unknown

There are all the entries I found for these tapes.

If anyone needs the actual file, I can send this.