Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmd/ltid daemon problems

2002-05-14 18:17:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmd/ltid daemon problems
From: Gina.Robinson AT trw DOT com (Robinson, Gina)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:17:59 -0700
Hi David,

Good News.....

After searching through some tech notes, I now know exactly why
the vmd daemon died.  It turns out that if any of the /usr/openv/volmgr/debug
log file directories are deleted, the media manager daemons must be restarted.
I deleted these directories yesterday afternoon because I felt we did not
need them and they were filling up /usr quickly.  When the log directory
is deleted and the logs switchover at midnight, the ltid daemon core dumps
and vmd dies because it is trying to write to a log file that no longer exists.

See Veritas TechNote ID: 241019 http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241019.htm
for more information.

Hope this helps!

Gina Robinson