Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape

2002-05-14 09:24:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape
From: david.m.hapman AT pharmacia DOT com (HAPMAN, DAVID M [IT/0200])
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:24:32 -0400
Good morning,

Our current environment is DataCenter 3.4.1 and we're using the Oracle/RMAN
extension.  In addition to using the extension, are dba's are doing exports
to disk to back up their tablespaces.

We have a request from our dba's asking if we can backup their exports
direct to tape in a similar fashion to the RMAN backups, reducing the need
for this disk space.  Is anyone doing this kind of backup?  Is there a way
to perform this using the RMAN extension or perhaps another method?

Regards,

David