Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can you do a catalog backup while backups are running? How about a VAULT of the database backup?

2002-05-10 18:34:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can you do a catalog backup while backups are running? How about a VAULT of the database backup?
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:34:13 -0700
I'd like to do a catalog backup during the day so I can send a current
vault copy off-site.  Sometimes we have some laggard backup jobs that for
some reason or other are still not done, and may not finish for hours
(yeah, it would be great to fix THAT problem but that's not in the cards
today).

Anyway, can I do a catalog backup NOW, even with a couple of jobs running?
I don't really care if those jobs make it into the jobs database or not,
but I would be concerned if doing a backup with active jobs might corrupt
my backup (or, worse yet, my active database!) so it was worthless once
restored.  In that case, I'll either kill the jobs or wait.

Actually, what I REALLY want to do is run the vault session for my master
server, which takes a copy of the most current backup of the master and
does a database vault as well. Is that vault a COPY of the last database
backup, or is a CURRENT database backup?