Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Backup

2002-05-09 02:03:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backup
From: Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com (Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:03:38 +0200
Hey!

It must have been something of the kind. too many errors (13/20/99)

Thanks!

btw.. a question : There is a program called NetVault by BakBone, it has a
feature to backup up NDMP using DAR (Direct Access Restore) feature of
OnTap.
This makes restores a hell lot faster.
Anyone have an idea when will we witness this miracle in NetBackup ? so far
restores are slow as hell.

                      "Conner, Neil"

                      <neil AT mbari DOT org>         To:      "'msmiles AT
agere DOT com'" <msmiles AT agere DOT com>, Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com

                                               cc:      Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                      08/05/2002 22:27         Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] NDMP
Backup

I just confirmed with Veritas that the patch is bad.  The patch only
contains two files so you can easily back it out:

      Stop NetBackup:

      /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bp.kill_all

      Copy the previous files to their original location to undo the patch:

      cp -p /usr/openv/patch/NB_DMP_34_3/save/libndmp.so.b4patchNB_DMP_34_3

      /usr/openv/lib/libndmp.so

      cp -p
      /usr/openv/patch/NB_DMP_34_3/save/libndmp_bpfsmap.so.b4patchNB_DMP_34_3

      /usr/openv/lib/libndmp_bpfsmap.so

      Start NetBackup:

      /etc/rc2.d/S77netbackup start

      Cheers,