Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO with HP/Fibre

2002-05-08 11:05:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO with HP/Fibre
From: erbilgic.ym AT pg DOT com (erbilgic.ym AT pg DOT com)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:05:07 -0400
Hi Rusty,

I believe the issues were:

1)  The drives claimed they were self terminated, while we had to manually
terminate them

2) I am not sure which one but, only one of the modes worked on the bridge, I
think it was indexed but not too sure...

I would check with HP on makenod and compression, I am not sure what we had done
with that...

Also you have to play around with the fragment size, data_buffers etc, to get
any kind of performance.

I hope this information helps.  All have  a great day.

Regards,

Yucel

P.S. latest I have heard was, HP did not recommend fibre attached HP LTO drives,
might want to double check...

Yucel M. Erbilgic
erbilgic.ym AT pg DOT com
(513) 945-1859

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 tch-bcm-nat.texaschildrenshospital.org
 [207.231.32.2]

From: "Major, Rusty" <jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org> on 05/08/2002
02:34 PM
GMT

                       "Major, Rusty"           To:   Yucel Erbilgic-YM/PGI,

 <jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org>        veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

                                        Subject:      RE: [Veritas-bu] LTO with
HP/Fibre
                  05/08/2002 10:34 AM

Digging up an old topic:

>But again, I had my best performance with HP LVD drives over an LVD 3250
>(STK-Crossroads) bridge.  Actually if you have this configuration, we had
to do
>a trick or two to get it stop giving I/O errors.  Then things were alright.

I'd like more info on the tricks you did to resolve the I/O errors.
Thanks!

Rusty Major, MCSA
Information Services
Texas Children's Hospital
(832) 824-4125

          ++++++CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE+++++
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any,
or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system. Thank you.