Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backu p (without 4.5)

2002-05-07 21:15:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backu p (without 4.5)
From: MSyed AT xo DOT com (Syed, Mukarram)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:15:29 -0500
Make sure that you are not running many backups at the same time.  If you
have limited number of ports and have logging enabled, the ports required
may be more than ports available and your backups might fail with "Error 25"
- client connection timeouts.
check your bp.conf file and the CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW entry in there if you
have specified.
I had such a problem running my end of the month backups from cron starting
at 12 Midnight on the 1st of every month and I would start several backups
at the same time and they all would fail with Error 25.

Mukarram Syed
UNIX System Administrator
XO Communications
msyed AT xo DOT com