Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without 4.5)

2002-05-07 18:31:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without 4.5)
From: lfafard AT saskpower DOT com (Lowell Fafard)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 16:31:48 -0600
--=_alternative 007C2B5906256BB2_=

What we do is setup monthly and yearly schedules, with the same time as
the regular full but longer retention periods, as user backups(not
recognized by the scheduler).  At the first of the month have a script run
via crontab change these schedules to full backups and then back to user
backups on the 8th of the month.  The scheduler will take the backup with
the longer retention period.

Hope this helps.

Lowell

"Geoffrey Hazel" <geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu