Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] client upgrade from NT to Windows 2000 doesn't restore pervious b ackup

2002-05-06 15:43:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] client upgrade from NT to Windows 2000 doesn't restore pervious b ackup
From: Shyam.Raghavan AT weac DOT com (Raghavan, Shyam)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:43:40 -0700
Hello All,

I upgraded one of my NT client to Windows 2000 last week and it doesn't let
me restore files that I backed up before the upgrade.  It gives error code
37 when I attempt to restore from the pre-upgrade backups, while the backups
after the upgrade restores fine.

I am suspecting , if this is caused by:
1.  The change in client property,  "Hardware/OS"  from "NT" to  "Windows
200"  (while hostname remains same)
2. The way I upgraded the client.
        The client upgrade was done by:
        (a) backed  up the NT server WIN1,
        (b) Built a brand new Windows 2000 server "WIN2"
        (c) restored files of  client "WIN1" to "WIN2"
        (d) brought down "WIN1"
        (d) changed the name of WIN2 to "WIN1"

I am using Netbackup Data Center 3.4  (with patch 3.4_2) on Solaris 2.6
Master server

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shyam.