Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Shares]

2002-05-02 14:50:45
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Shares]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:50:45 -0700
Hello Kris,
File permissions on unix & NT are not the same thing. File permissions on NT
are associated with a registry key.
When you do a restore from a full backup, you restore all (Files & registry
keys -((System State or reg key))-).
Also when you restore from a incremental backup, you must select the registry
too (or the specific reg key).
On your file list (Policy manager), I recommend you to backup your registry
keys as well. So when you do a restore you have even the permissions up to
date with the files.
The user that do the restore must have admin rights to do that.
And after the restore, (sorry that's NT)  you must restore the box to update
the registry info.

Sincerely Yours
Néstor Matti
Javier González

T4B Group AG
www.t4b.ch

"Williams, Kris" <Kris.Williams AT iams DOT com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any good resources for information on restoring NT/2K
Shares
> and permissions? Basically my problem is that I do a restore from a full
backup,
> then reboot, and all my shares come back. But when I then restore from the
> Incremental backup, the share goes away for any directory that changed.
Anyone