Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBDC 3.4.2 and NetWare 4.11 SP8a w/NB client 3.4.1 - rebooting ma chines

2002-05-01 10:50:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBDC 3.4.2 and NetWare 4.11 SP8a w/NB client 3.4.1 - rebooting ma chines
From: Sandy.Elrick AT gdcanada DOT com (Elrick, Sandy)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:50:43 -0600
Hey all,

I have two NetWare boxes that are being affected by weirdness upon backup
starting.  One will reboot itself, the other will generate an SMP fault
exception.  I've reapplied SP8a to the servers, plus reapplied the NB client
3.4.1 level patch to the servers as well.  Weird thing is is that the
reboot/fault is not daily with my incrementals.  It appears to happen
haphazardly.  Has anyone else run into this kind of problem or have any
hints?

Thanks

Sandy Elrick
CSC @ GDC

Stress Enabled. Alcohol Enhanced. Reality Challenged.