Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck SDLT tapes

2002-04-30 16:22:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck SDLT tapes
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:22:26 -0500
Right now there's just one tape brand manufacturer, and I understand it
is maxell, then quantum takes them and puts their name on the tape.

I have also seen alot of stuck tapes, but only a few that actually
required the techs to open the drive and use a 9 volt battery to eject
the tape.  Often our stuck tapes are solved by turning power off to the
drive, and then back on, in which case the drive becomes responsive when
the unload button is pressed.  We seem to be experiencing a high rate of
bad media with superDlt.

robert